Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems generally produce standard print files with limited formatting options. Even though they can be a good starting point, they rapidly suffer from too many limitations.
- Formatting: Text mode is too basic for files that need to be shared outside the company. On the other hand, PDF mode makes it difficult to automate production.
- Information Content: some information is often found missing.
- Support for thermal languages
- Ease of Operation: Most ERPs such as SAP®, GOLD®, JDE® or Navision® do not include any advanced spooling functionality. If the operating system doesn't have a spooler e.g. Unix or Linux, managing printing on a daily basis can create a significant workload for your operations and support staff.
- Archiving: ERPs do not provide any open archiving solution that would accept all your documents.
- Delivery: ERPs generally don't offer any mass e-mailing and faxing solution that would include tracking options.
To help you find a way around these issues and meet the expectations of business users every day, we offer a series of solutions that are easy to implement and will help you manage output under the best conditions:
- Document Formatting: easily add overlays and images to text files, adapt formatting to document content, insert barcodes and use Windows fonts. All these features support advanced conditional logic options at any level.
- Information Content: extract information from databases such as DB2® and ORACLE®, or XML, CSV and RDI files, etc. Generate documents in text format before reformatting in our composition tool.
- Ease of Operation: With its process automation engine, our solution fully automates output management processes. Combined with our spooler - available in Unix, Linux and Windows environments - our product becomes a fully integrated solution addressing all output management needs.
- Archiving: archive ERP documents, input and/or output documents, publish them to the Web, archive them to magnetic or optical storage media, etc.
- Delivery: mass e-mailing and faxing including tracking options. Tracking status is sent to the ERP or supervision system so you always know what happens to the documents you send.